Preschool Language Arts Book Set
The Preschool Reading Book Set includes 12 books. With teachers reading the books to students, various literature and phonemic awareness activities are made possible. Over 50 learning tasks are associated with the reading material, many completed over multiple days to give ample material to develop preschool language and literature skills. A special emphasis is placed on rhyming and other phonemic elements over the first five books. The collection also includes two classic stories and a Mother Goose nursery rhyme collection. Three Ruff and Violet pictures books are included - the first McRuffy Press books ever created are back in print!
The collection also includes two classic stories and a Mother Goose nursery rhyme collection. Three Ruff and Violet pictures books are included - the first McRuffy Press books ever created are back in print!
Book titles and descriptions:
- Ruff's Alphabet Book: Rhyming pairs of letter sayings and an alphabet poem
- Spaghetti Dreams and a Duck on the Rocks: A collection of nine original poems
- Crazy Cat: A picture book of consonance to raise phonemic awareness
- A, E, I, O, U: A picture book of assonance emphasizing vowel sound phonemic awareness
- McRuffy's Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes: A collection of classic nursery rhymes
- Ruff Plays the Piano: A full length picture book to help develop an understanding of story characteristics, the first of three Ruff picture books.
- Ruff's Surprise: Build's upon the previous book to draw on previous knowledge from a reading experience.
- Ruff and the Lion: The final Ruff picture book.
- Fuzzy Turtle: The first of four story books that have more text to tell the story building listening skills
- Bog the Dog: The second story book features an antagonist as the main character.
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears: A retelling of the classic story.
- The Three Little Pigs: The McRuffy Press version is edited to make the story more relevant for young children, but preserves most of the story elements.